Feeding Instructions for Horses and Ponies:
- Introduce Emerald Green Feeds gradually over the course of a week as with any new feed.
- We recommend pellets should be fed soaked until free from lumps (max 24hrs), add 2-3 parts water. Chop can be fed as is, dampened or soaked.
- Feed at a rate of 100g – 1kg (dry weight) per 100kg body weight (guide only). Stubbs Scoop = 2kg Pellets. Stubbs Scoop = 400g Chop.
- Forage, which includes Grass and Alfalfa Pellets, Grass-tastic and Alfalfa-mazing, should make up a minimum of 60% of your horse or pony’s daily intake.
- Emerald Green Feeds Products are naturally low in starch and high in fibre; therefore provide slow release energy, helping to control behavioural problems and over excitement.
Emerald Green Feeds Grass and Alfalfa Products have many benefits attributed to them…
- Completely additive free
Emerald Green Feeds grass and alfalfa products contain NO other ingredients apart from grass and alfalfa respectively.
- The most natural source of feed for your Horse in pellet and chop form!
Horses have evolved over millions of years to live on a forage based diet.
- Fully traceable
As the grower and producer of Emerald Green Feeds we have full control of the whole process. We can even tell you which field the grass or alfalfa came from, what day and time the bag or bale was packaged.
- Low in starch
Both grass and alfalfa are naturally low in starch and high in fibre, giving a slow, controlled release of digestible energy.
- Highly palatable
The unique process used to dry the grass and alfalfa means that they retain the original flavour and smell – irresistible (if you’re a horse!).
- Suitable for all year round use
Not just a winter forage feed, your horse could benefit from using Emerald Green Feeds all year round.
- Contains many naturally occurring vitamins and minerals
From vitamin A to Zinc, its all in there!
- Adaptable feeding guidelines
Our feeding guide gives a wide scope for tailoring the amount you can feed to your horse, meaning you can make changes to accommodate differences in levels of work and/or grazing quantity/quality.
- Excellent veteran feed
As the pellets break down quickly and easily it makes them a perfect feed for maintaining the health and condition of older horses that can struggle to graze.
- Pellets can be used in feed balls
Fantastic nutritional boredom breaker for those long winter nights.
- Cereal free
No other ingredients are used in our grass and alfalfa feeds, especially not cereals!
For more detailed advice on feeding please call 01526 398236 / 398472 / 397133 or email email@example.com